Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. It also helps to reduce your risk of injury or illness in the future by taking a holistic approach that involves the patient directly in their own care. When is physiotherapy used?
Physiotherapy can be helpful for people of all ages with a wide range of health conditions, including problems affecting the:
- bones, joints and soft tissue – such as back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and sports injuries
- brain or nervous system – such as movement problems resulting from a stroke, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s disease
- heart and circulation – such as rehabilitation after a heart attack
- lungs and breathing – such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and cystic fibrosis
- Women’s Health issues – such as stress incontinence and pregnancy related pelvic pain.
All our treatments are hands on and may incorporate, acupuncture, laser, ultrasound etc.